Yourself as a character! Original portraits only available at the museum.Portrait Corner
This is an area the museum where you can have your portrait made, which we call the "Portrait Corner." Here, you can meet one of our artists and talk to them while they draw you. In the portrait corner you can select between the artists' original touch and anime style. It's a great way to commemorate your trip to the museum. Men, women, children, granddad, and grandma alike, can all have wonderful portraits drawn!
Date and Time
Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and on holidays (October-March)*Irregular schedule on weekdays.
- The date and time have changed since April 1, 2018.
- The prices above are when it's drawn on one card. If you want to have two people on separate cards the fee will be for one person's price x 2.
- The prices have changed since April 1, 2018.
- A General admission ticket to the museum is required.
- The listed fee is only for portraits done in person.
- Portraits are drawn in person. In cases where the portrait is requested from a photograph an additional 1000 yen fee is required.
Register at Portrait Corner from 11:00 am till full of the day. First come basis.
anime type which can make you look more like a character.
- Higashino Emiko
I use a pen and watercolors in my portraits. I'm good at drawing out the model's best features. It is my most pleasure moment that I can see the customer like my portrait.
- Horiguchi itsu
I would like to be connected people and people all over the world by my portraits. I am looking forward to seeing everybody cross the borders.
Hello. Nice to meet you!! I am Okayama!
I like to draw funny and joyful portrait so that welcome someone like to make funny face and funny pose!! I draw a full-length portrait, come with your favorite clothes.
I draw gentle-touch portraits with using oil pastels and watercolors. I am very happy if I can express your precious smile or memory in a portrait. Please let me help to make your day special