- User Guide
- About MM
10:00am - 6:00pm (admission until 5:30pm)
Every Wednesdays (or, if Wednesday is a national holiday, the following Thursday)
During the New Year's holiday and maintenance periods.
* There may be changes to the museum opening and closing times without notice. Please contact us in advance. 〉〉 year-round schedule
|Adults||High and Junior High School
|Individuals||800 yen||300 yen||100 yen|
(20 people or more)
|640 yen||240 yen||80 yen|
* Not applicable with other discounts.
* Preschool children may enter free of charge.
* The fee for the Special Exhibiton is separate.
Special and Permanent Exhibition Guide
Tickets permit multiple re-entry throughout the day (except for the Special Exhibition with extracharge).
The entrance fee and special exhibition fee can be waived for the following individuals.
- Group leaders (for groups of paying visitors of 20 people or more)
- Supervising teachers for a school, kindergarten, or nursery school group etc.
- Leaders of various youth organization groups etc.
* In principle, groups 1-3 are permitted one leader per 10 paying members.
- Licensed tour guide accompanying foreigners.
- Tour conductor or travel attendant of a travel agency, etc.
- Photography and video of the exhibition items and books within the museum is prohibited in order to protect copyright. Additionally, general photography for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the museum.
- Please limit use of mobile phones to areas that will not disturb other guests.
- Please refrain from eating and drinking within the museum building.
- Pets are not allowed (except guide dogs, etc.).
- The museum does not have a car parking lot. Please use public transportation. (There is a city run underground parking lot nearby on Oike street)
- Our bike parking lot capacity is roughly 80 bikes.
- The museum is not responsible for accidents which occur due to customer carelessness.
- You may be asked to leave if you are disturbing other guests.
- Bringing dangerous goods into the museum is forbidden.
- Interfering with management of the museum is forbidden.
- You may not hold speeches or assemblies, distribute fliers, questionnaire survey etc., or sell goods within the museum premises without prior permission
People with disabilities
- People with mobility impairments or cognitive disabilities, as well as atomic bomb survivors are given free admission to the museum. (Please provide proof of disability, or bomb survivor designation upon arrival)
- The Special Exhibition is separate and requires an additional fee.
- In principle, one assistant accompanying you will be granted free entry to both the Museum and Special Exhibiton.
- You may bring a seeing-eye dog, hearing assistance dog, or service dog.
- People with disabilities may use up to 3 spaces in the bike parking lot. (If you wish to travel by car, please contact us ahead of time.)
- There is an access ramp at the entrance for wheelchair users.
- The building is fitted with an elevator for wheelchair users. (However, the basement floor is not accessible)
- Accessible restrooms are on the 1st floor (ground level).
- Please feel free to ask the staff about other barrier-free details.
Adults accompanying small children
- Children younger than elementary school age are not required to pay entry. However, there is a fee for entering the Special Exhibition.
- The museum does not provide rental baby strollers.
- There is a baby changing table in the 1st floor restroom (ground level).
- There is a room provided for nursing mothers, please ask a member of staff.
Karasuma-Oike, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-0846 Japan
TEL: +81-75-254-7414 FAX: +81-75-254-7424