Doboku and Manga Exhibition
|Period||March 3 - May 20, 2016
◇10am - 6pm (Admission to the museum is until 5:30pm)
◇Closed: Wednesdays *Except for 5/4
|Venue||Kyoto International Manga Museum, 2F Gallery 6|
Organization: Kyoto International Manga Museum,
Japan Society of Civil Engineers Kansai Chapter.
Cooperation: Maeda Corporation Fantasy Marketing Department.
Support: "Civil Engineering Day" event Kansai district liaison committee.
- Manga and approximately 15 related publications including the civil engineering themed Dobo-Jo! (Matsumoto Koyume / Kodansha Comics Plus) and Saikyou densetsu kurosawa (Fukumoto Nobuyuki / Shogakukan).
N.B.: Publications will be available to touch and read (with some exceptions).
- 9 panels introducing examples of fantasy structures from manga designed using civil engineering techniques.
- Aircraft hanger blueprints and model from Mazinger Z.
- Jaburo military complex and Acguy Dome models from Mobile Suite Gundam.
- Yamato ship dock schematic diagram from Space Battleship Yamato 2199.
- Special limited screening of Maeda Construction Fantasy Marketing Department by Kyoto based group The Europe Project.
- 12 panels written by a civil engineer explaining engineering works featured in the background scenery of Golgo 13 (Saito Takao / Shogakukan).
- Exhibits of signposts and road signs from actual highways, and Kyoto city manholes made in 1913, etc.
Talk Event "Doboku Café"
Ohyama Ken an instigator of the recent civil engineering boom and author of the photobooks Kojo moe (Factory love), Danchi no miken (Apartment complex visual study), and Junction, will be joined by Takahashi Yoshikazu, the Chairman of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers Kansai Chapter, to talk about the unexpected relationship between civil engineering and manga.
|Date||April 10, 2016, 2pm-4pm|
|Venue||Kyoto International Manga Museum, 1F, Multi-purpose hall|
|Presenters||Ohyama Ken (Photographer, writer)
Takahashi Yoshikazu (Kyoto University Associate Professor, Chairman of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers Kansai Chapter)
|Capacity||100 people (on a first come basis)|
|How to participate|| No pre-registration required
* Numbered tickets will be distributed in the museum from 10 am.
A special civil engineering themed menu will be on offer in our affiliated Museum Café MM.
Helmet Rice Omelet
Under Construction! Cement Pudding
Crunchy Gravel Cocoa
Please note that the schedule, performers, and contents are subject to change.